1. If I don’t have all the gear, where can I get it?
2. Which course should I sign up for, AST Level 1 or 2?
You should start by taking the AST 1. It is a prerequisite for the AST 2. If you took the older RAC course and have stayed active in avalanche education, you’re probably ready for the AST 2. If you’re not sure, please contact the instructor.
3. How much will it cost me?
AST 1 = $225 plus 5% GST.
AST 2 = $425 plus 5% GST.
Other costs will include a lift ticket at Red for AST2 & a few bucks to pay for gas when carpooling. Included in price is instruction, snowcat access, course textbook.
Lodge-based AST 2 = Varies. Check Courses Dates for specifics. Some weeks are fully catered, some are self-catered.
4. How do I sign up?
5. What’s the minimum number of people?
Minimum class size is usually 5 students.
6. If we have a group interested, can we pick our own dates?
It is possible to schedule another course by contacting Keith to arrange dates.
7. Can we run a course with more Cat Skiing Access?
Yes, for an additional fee, the field component can utilize catskiing for the full day.
8. What about a Corporate Group?
We can also organize a package for a Corporate Group. Options include: lodging, team building, avalanche education, cat skiing, and lift-service skiing.
Ready to register? Check out our available dates.